Department of Physics
4th Front Range Advanced Magnetics Symposium
Saturday August 25, 2018 UCCS
We hope to see you at the University of Colorado - Colorado Springs for the 4th FRAMS! This single-session, one-day symposium will feature talks and poster sessions. The tradition has been for students to deliver posters and other researchers to give talks. As with the previous 3 symposia in this series, the registration will be free! Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
A tentative schedule for FRAMS 2018 (revised on Wednesday August 22) can be found here. Registration and breakfast starts at 8:15am. Talks will be 14 minutes long with 4 minutes afterwards for questions. The time limit for talks will be strictly adhered to, in order to allow plenty of time for discussions. Posters will be split into two sessions: - All odd-numbered posters will be presented and judged in the morning. - All even-numbered posters will be judged in the afternoon. However, presenters are encouraged to have their posters hanging all day. Posters may be hung up during registration/breakfast. Cork boards measure approximately 3 ft x 4 ft but there is no restriction on poster size. Poster prizes worth $200 each will be given directly to students by Princeton Instruments. The Best Poster Awards went to: Alexandra Stuart, UCCS Aaron Wang, UW Jinjun Ding, CSU Shane Allen, DU Gavin Hester, CSU
Map of conference location at UCCS
- Take Interstate 25's exit 146 (Garden of the Gods Rd) east. This road becomes Austin Bluffs Parkway.
- The university's main campus is on top of the hill at 1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway.
- The entrance at Meadow Lane is closest to the conference venue. Parking is free in all lots on Saturdays.
- All sessions are in Dwire Hall (look for the large glass facade). Lunch and dinner will be in University Center.
- College of Letters, Arts and Sciences,
- UCCS Office of Academic Affairs, U
- CCS Magnetic North
- V Administrative support from Kristen Petersen, UCCS Biofrontiers Center
Past and future symposia
- 2019 5th FRAMS, TBA, University of Colorado at Boulder & NIST
- 2017 3rd FRAMS, August 30, University of Denver
- 2016 2nd FRAMS, August 18-19, University of Wyoming
- 2015 1st FRAMS, September 22, Colorado State University